Friday, July 18, 2008

Continuation....

Waheguru.................

The SIMRAN session was just MIND BLOWING......with Phobin's tabla skills and Deybu's waja skills and of course his most mesmerizing VOICE ..... the whole sangat was totally in tuned with the SIMRAN and gave in their best!

After simran we had lovely food compliments from Amreek and family. Once our tummy is filled, we started chit chatting. I was keeping my fingers crossed hoping there was going to be a second round of kirtan JAMMING session.....

So I took out our favourite shabad handouts.....since I did not bring my laptop which has Shabad Guru Explorer to connect to Amreek's projector, I came well prepared so that I know the words.

My PLAN had WORKED !!!!

It all started when Anil, he started with some simran.......then Manpreet (Sukhsharan's sister) took over....with:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gobinday, Mukunday, Udaaray, Apaary, Hariang, Kariang, Nirnamay, Akaamay
Sustainer, Liberator, Enlightener, Infinite, Destroyer, Creator,Nameless, Desireless
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And then she carried on with...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ik gẖaṛī na milṯė ṯā kalijug hoṯā.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ਮੇਰਾ ਮਨੁ ਲੋਚੈ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਸਨ ਤਾਈ ॥
Mėrā man locẖai gur ḏarsan ṯā­ī.
My mind longs for the Blessed Vision of the Guru's Darshan.

ਬਿਲਪ ਕਰੇ ਚਾਤ੍ਰਿਕ ਕੀ ਨਿਆਈ ॥
Bilap karė cẖāṯrik kī ni­ā­ī.
It cries out like the thirsty song-bird.

ਤ੍ਰਿਖਾ ਨ ਉਤਰੈ ਸਾਂਤਿ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਦਰਸਨ ਸੰਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
Ŧarikẖā na uṯrai sāʼnṯ na āvai bin ḏarsan sanṯ pi­ārė jī­o. ||1||
My thirst is not quenched, and I can find no peace, without the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint. ||1||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਸਨ ਸੰਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Ha­o gẖolī jī­o gẖol gẖumā­ī gur ḏarsan sanṯ pi­ārė jī­o. ||1|| rahā­o.
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to the Blessed Vision of the Beloved Saint Guru. ||1||Pause||

ਤੇਰਾ ਮੁਖੁ ਸੁਹਾਵਾ ਜੀਉ ਸਹਜ ਧੁਨਿ ਬਾਣੀ ॥
Ŧėrā mukẖ suhāvā jī­o sahj ḏẖun baṇī.
Your Face is so Beautiful, and the Sound of Your Words imparts intuitive wisdom.

ਚਿਰੁ ਹੋਆ ਦੇਖੇ ਸਾਰਿੰਗਪਾਣੀ ॥
Cẖir ho­ā ḏėkẖė sāringpāṇī.
It is so long since this rain-bird has had even a glimpse of water.

ਧੰਨੁ ਸੁ ਦੇਸੁ ਜਹਾ ਤੂੰ ਵਸਿਆ ਮੇਰੇ ਸਜਣ ਮੀਤ ਮੁਰਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
Ḏẖan so ḏės jahā ṯūʼn vasi­ā mėrė sajaṇ mīṯ murārė jī­o. ||2||
Blessed is that land where You dwell, O my Friend and Intimate Divine Guru. ||2||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਹਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਗੁਰ ਸਜਣ ਮੀਤ ਮੁਰਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Ha­o gẖolī ha­o gẖol gẖumā­ī gur sajaṇ mīṯ murārė jī­o. ||1|| rahā­o.
I am a sacrifice, I am forever a sacrifice, to my Friend and Intimate Divine Guru. ||1||Pause||

ਇਕ ਘੜੀ ਨ ਮਿਲਤੇ ਤਾ ਕਲਿਜੁਗੁ ਹੋਤਾ ॥
Ik gẖaṛī na milṯė ṯā kalijug hoṯā.
When I could not be with You for just one moment, the Dark Age of Kali Yuga dawned for me.

ਹੁਣਿ ਕਦਿ ਮਿਲੀਐ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਤੁਧੁ ਭਗਵੰਤਾ ॥
Huṇ kaḏ milī­ai pari­a ṯuḏẖ bẖagvanṯā.
When will I meet You, O my Beloved Lord?

ਮੋਹਿ ਰੈਣਿ ਨ ਵਿਹਾਵੈ ਨੀਦ ਨ ਆਵੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੇਖੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
Mohi raiṇ na vihāvai nīḏ na āvai bin ḏėkẖė gur ḏarbārė jī­o. ||3||
I cannot endure the night, and sleep does not come, without the Sight of the Beloved Guru's Court. ||3||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਤਿਸੁ ਸਚੇ ਗੁਰ ਦਰਬਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Ha­o gẖolī jī­o gẖol gẖumā­ī ṯis sacẖė gur ḏarbārė jī­o. ||1|| rahā­o.
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice, to that True Court of the Beloved Guru. ||1||Pause||

ਭਾਗੁ ਹੋਆ ਗੁਰਿ ਸੰਤੁ ਮਿਲਾਇਆ ॥
Bẖāg ho­ā gur sanṯ milā­i­ā.
By good fortune, I have met the Saint Guru.

ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਅਬਿਨਾਸੀ ਘਰ ਮਹਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥
Parabẖ abẖināsī gẖar meh pā­i­ā.
I have found the Immortal Lord within the home of my own self.

ਸੇਵ ਕਰੀ ਪਲੁ ਚਸਾ ਨ ਵਿਛੁੜਾ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥
Sėv karī pal cẖasā na vicẖẖuṛā jan Nānak ḏās ṯumārė jī­o. ||4||
I will now serve You forever, and I shall never be separated from You, even for an instant. Servant Nanak is Your slave, O Beloved Master. ||4||

ਹਉ ਘੋਲੀ ਜੀਉ ਘੋਲਿ ਘੁਮਾਈ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਮਾਰੇ ਜੀਉ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥੧॥੮॥
Ha­o gẖolī jī­o gẖol gẖumā­ī jan Nānak ḏās ṯumārė jī­o. Rahā­o. ||1||8||
I am a sacrifice, my soul is a sacrifice; servant Nanak is Your slave, Lord. ||Pause||1||8||
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THEN, it was time for Deybu to do our favorite:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mėrā pi­ārā parīṯam saṯgur rakẖvālā.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ਮਧੁਸੂਦਨ ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਤਨ ਪ੍ਰਾਨਾ ॥
Maḏẖusūḏan mėrė man ṯan parānā.
The Lord is my mind, body and breath of life.

ਹਉ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੂਜਾ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਜਾਨਾ ॥
Ha­o har bin ḏūjā avar na jānā.
I do not know any other than the Lord.

ਕੋਈ ਸਜਣੁ ਸੰਤੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਵਡਭਾਗੀ ਮੈ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਦਸੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੧॥
Ko­ī sajaṇ sanṯ milai vadbẖāgī mai har parabẖ pi­ārā ḏasai jī­o. ||1||
If only I could have the good fortune to meet some friendly Saint; he might show me the Way to my Beloved Lord God. ||1||

ਹਉ ਮਨੁ ਤਨੁ ਖੋਜੀ ਭਾਲਿ ਭਾਲਾਈ ॥
Ha­o man ṯan kẖojī bẖāl bẖālā­ī.
I have searched my mind and body, through and through.

ਕਿਉ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਮੇਰੀ ਮਾਈ ॥
Ki­o pi­ārā parīṯam milai mėrī mā­ī.
How can I meet my Darling Beloved, O my mother?

ਮਿਲਿ ਸਤਸੰਗਤਿ ਖੋਜੁ ਦਸਾਈ ਵਿਚਿ ਸੰਗਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਵਸੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੨॥
Mil saṯsangaṯ kẖoj ḏasā­ī vicẖ sangaṯ har parabẖ vasai jī­o. ||2||
Joining the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation, I ask about the Path to God. In that Congregation, the Lord God abides. ||2||

ਮੇਰਾ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਰਖਵਾਲਾ ॥
Mėrā pi­ārā parīṯam saṯgur rakẖvālā.
My Darling Beloved True Guru is my Protector.

ਹਮ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਦੀਨ ਕਰਹੁ ਪ੍ਰਤਿਪਾਲਾ ॥
Ham bārik ḏīn karahu parṯipālā.
I am a helpless child-please cherish me.

ਮੇਰਾ ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰਾ ਗੁਰ ਜਲ ਮਿਲਿ ਕਮਲੁ ਵਿਗਸੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
Mėrā māṯ piṯā gur saṯgur pūrā gur jal mil kamal vigsai jī­o. ||3||
The Guru, the Perfect True Guru, is my Mother and Father. Obtaining the Water of the Guru, the lotus of my heart blossoms forth. ||3||

ਮੈ ਬਿਨੁ ਗੁਰ ਦੇਖੇ ਨੀਦ ਨ ਆਵੈ ॥
Mai bin gur ḏėkẖė nīḏ na āvai.
Without seeing my Guru, sleep does not come.

ਮੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਤਨਿ ਵੇਦਨ ਗੁਰ ਬਿਰਹੁ ਲਗਾਵੈ ॥
Mėrė man ṯan vėḏan gur birahu lagāvai.
My mind and body are afflicted with the pain of separation from the Guru.

ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਦਇਆ ਕਰਹੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਮੇਲਹੁ ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਗੁਰ ਮਿਲਿ ਰਹਸੈ ਜੀਉ ॥੪॥੨॥
Har har ḏa­i­ā karahu gur mėlhu jan Nānak gur mil rahsai jī­o. ||4||2||
O Lord, Har, Har, show mercy to me, that I may meet my Guru. Meeting the Guru, servant Nanak blossoms forth. ||4||2||
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT.......Next Week SIMRAN's at SUKHSHARAN's PLACE......CONFIRM NOT TO BE MISSED.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola lectura de esta página web es muy interesantes , mensaje como éste dan motivación quien visitar esta página web.....

Salprith Kaur said...

Gracias ...