Tuesday, January 13, 2009

PAST: My brother's BOOKED (Thakka) PART 2

The next day... my parent's had to go off to Penang for one of our Aunty's phog. She was a wonderful person, a lovely lady. It's true that Waheguru loves all the best people and takes them away faster than the rest. My siblings and I decided to stay back continue cleaning, buying stuff for the BBQ and cutting what's needed. PHEW!!! So many relatives will be coming over...and why oh why couldn't they come a bit more earlier to help?!?

Anyway, we did what we could and finally Jasbir puaji and her kids reached.....finally some help. My grandma was really making me angry by telling us that we shouldn't have gone out yesterday. AAAARRRGGGG!!! NOT FAIR!!! We are on a holiday and yet we are not complaining doing all the work....but she gets to complain!!! Calm down and just ignore... We got the house cleaned, stuff bought...Diwali lights up and then my parent are back. They reached quite late actually. So while they rushed with the cooking more relatives started to arrive. Everything went very well. We had lots of fun with the games...especially the forfeit game where all the kids and adults had to join in.

Trishayal had to kiss the dog. Bapuji Mohan had to dance the bharanatyam. Manji had to do the twist. Puaji had to propose to a wall. Jusprith had to do modelling on a garment we provided. Jessu had to dance. And many many more laughs we had.

I was the only one escaped as I had to take care of the music. Then we carried on with more exciting games from puaji Jesbir.... her games are the best. There was this one game where we had to get the ring out of the round raffia sting which were put around our thumbs. The genius to solve that puzzle was MY DAD! WOW!!! HIP HIP HOORAY! I still get it wrong!

Another game was getting the toxic waste game...ha ha this had Jessu all confused with everyone screaming in his ears trying to give him instructions while he was blindfolded... Ajit did a fantastic job and was done in a jiffy.

Other than games we had our own little fireworks of course the safe ones. Food was good and BBQ was all the way....my brother is popular with his BBQ. What a tiring day? I am not sure if I have backup of the pictures I took on this nite as my external hard disc crashed while I was in Samelan. =(

to be continued...

No comments: