Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Diwali 2009

This year Diwali we did not make any cookies and neither did we have an open house to call over all family and friends. This year is more like a family relaxing outing with relatives. But for me it wasn't relaxing at all....I did enjoy it very very much, loved it all and would love to have this kind of outing again. It's more like a FUN FILLED NON STOP HAVOC VACATION!!!! FUYOOOOO.....

It all started on the BIG DAY itself - DIWALI DAY. Just after midnight, it was so noisy, fireworks everywhere. I did my last minute packing till about 2AM and slept of. Dad came back from work about 3AM. I woke up about 6AM and we all left KL at 7AM. Dad had to sleep as he just came back from work and sister will just make the journey longer by driving slowly. So, I decided I will go ahead all the way, that is if I can. I was too excited and the music keep me going, not to forget the motivation from my sister to DRIVE FASTER.... HA HA HA!!!

We landed in Sonia's house in Bukit Mertajam at 11AM. Not bad aa even though we made a pit stop on the way. And it's not my car I am driving, it's my dad's Nissan Sunny. I had a good hand massage every time when I went fast as the steering starts to vibrate. =)

From Sonia's place, 4 cars left heading to the Island Penang...towards Batu Ferringi. At the chalets, another 3 cars joined us. there were about 40 of us all together. Hey this is only a tiny small portion of my gigantic family tree. We carried all the stuff to out rooms. We were all starving!!!! It was potluck time.

Everyone brought something unique....there was fish, chicken rendang, udang sambal, vegetarian chicken....just thinking about this is making me hungry again. FOOD WAS EXTREMELY DELICIOUS!!! We ate by the tiny pool which was behind the chalet. Time was flying as it was nearly 3PM. I grabbed Sonia and headed back into the chalet to prepare for the games.

At 3:30PM, Sonia and me went down to the beach with all the things we need. We found a nice spot to make our penalty box, buried the treasure and prepared the treasure map. We finished just in time before the whole group came down at 4PM.

Once we got everyone gathered, we split them into 5 groups, mixing all ages and gender. They had no idea what was ahead. We gave the instructions. When we blew the starting wistle, off everyone went running.

The first clue was on the penalty box. One person had to sit in the penalty box holding the bottle provided and the rest have the fill the bottle with water from the see. The trick is they only can carry the water using their bare hands. There were a few groups that tried cheating by using their t-shirts and even mouth..EWWWW
In just a few minutes we could see everyone was tired!!!

CLUE 2... There are 5 things hidden in the penalty box...find them...It was nice to see everyone in the box digging here and there. What was hidden they didn't know??? Well there was a pencil, eraser, pebble, spoon and some paperclips hanging on the border. This was not that difficult but there was one group that were exhausted and gave up!!!

CLUE 3... Bury a person from neck to toe....this was another simple task. Everyone enjoyed it except the person who got buried.

CLUE 4... Make a bikini for a male member of your group. HA HA HA! YES this was hilarious!!! They were given news paper and a stapler. Unique designs I would say!

Finally they got all the pieces of the map to join and find the treasure. They all started digging and digging and digging....gosh they took so long and yet they could not find the treasure...Finally they made me and Sonia to DIG!!!

ALAMAK!!!! The TREASURE is missing!!! The gold box filled with gold is missing... When Sonia and I was burying the treasure there was a guy watching us....I guess he stole the treasure. HAIYO... As revenge, they threw Sonia and me into the sea.

Well we needed that dipping! So nice...but so tiring!!! Then we continued with a few more games while some swam in the sea and others flew their kites. We had the 3-legged race and the water balloon passing. After a while, one by one started going back to the chalet. Well of course they was the BBQ to be prepared!

After a full fun time on the beach, we ended up in the little pool. After a few dips, we went to the play futsal all wet. Tired we jumped back into to pool. Lastly, all headed back to the chalets to shower.

BBQ was awesome...there was chicken, fish, sausages, pasta, vegetarian....drinks, music and fireworks. We all had a great time until we started the war between male and female in charades. Of course, JITEGE ONLY GIRLS!!! YES, GIRLS WON, YAHOO!!!
After charades, we had antakshri!!! After cleaning up, everyone was so tired we all knocked out!!! I slept at about 1AM. The plan next day is to play more futsal at 10AM.

I woke up at 8AM, pack my things, got ready, and went to check on the boys if they are awake. All were except one, he got some whacking for that!! Morning breakfast was a variety of diwali cookies and cakes with tea. Just by taking one of each kind, filled my tummy. My favorite was the brown cake from bidor and of course jam tarts.

At the futsal court, we did not start playing as the floor was wet and slippery. We just started target practicing by kicking the ball into the goal. Unfortunately, Raj Boy slipped and hit his head....he's a strong boy, he'll be OK! Then we adjourned to a smaller court beside it which was rough and not slippery, played a few games and headed back to the chalet. Check out time was 12PM.

Instead of heading back to KL, we all decided to stay another day in Penang. We all packed our things and went out for lunch. My family and I had chicken rice. I could not miss the opportunity to order KEKPO too. Then we went to the Youth Park...Gosh that park is awesome...It was my first time there, and I did a lot of exercise there. We even met Narinjeet and her brothers there, what a small world.

The final destination of the day was back to Sonia's house. We managed to play a game of entangled before the Taiping gang left. Once they left the house because quiet. Sonia, Trishayal and her mom all were not back yet.

Later at night we started our games session again. We played rangge/KOT, forfeit, charades and finally saidina. Forfeit was hilarious, as some had to do the pole dance, dance like MJ, make a plat, put ice cream all over your face, do the macarena, act like a baby, put on lipstick, put on nail polish, act like a monkey and the best was act as though you are in labor.

We finished Saidina at 5AM!!!! Luckily our beds were closeby as we dragged ourselves into them. In the morning after a Malaysian breakfast of roti canai, nasi lemak and wantan mee, we left Penang.

Our first pit stop was Taiping, where we had lunch, watched the beach video and had tea. Our second pit stop was Bidor, I had a nice time playing with the twins. And finally HOME SWEET HOME at about 11PM. ZZZzzzzz.zzz...zz...z.......

2 comments:

starcrawler said...

hahaha the pictures are quite interesting too. Shall we upload some here (:

Salprith Kaur said...

Pass some to me la, selected ones and I shall upload!